Here is the breakdown:
- Bulletin Board
- Fabric (enough to cover you board completely, including edges)
- Brass tacks
- Acrylic Paint
- Paint Brush
- Staple Gun
- Decorative Brads (optional, tacks will work just fine for this purpose)
1. After choosing the fabric that I wanted, I used the bulletin board to paint the brass tacks to coordinate with the fabric (two coats should be enough).
2. After the tacks dried, I removed and cut fabric to cover the bulletin board. Folding the fabric over the edges of the board, I then used a nail gun to fasten the fabric to the board.
3. As a decorative element (so this part is optional), I created a border using the painted tacks. Using elastics to create the border (as a guide for the tacks), I measured 1 inch from the edge of the board and adjusted the elastics accordingly.
4. I then pinned the tacks to create a border using the elastics as my guide (tape would also work well as a guide).
5. I then positioned decorative pearl brads (or tacks) on the board to hang my jewelry from. I fastened ribbon to the board using the brads to hang earrings, and voila, a DIY jewelry board.