Friday, February 25, 2011

Foodie Friday

I had the family over for dinner last Sunday and decided to make one of my baby bro's faves-peanut sauce with chicken skewers (and yes, even though he is 6'4, he'll always be my little brother).  This recipe is super quick, and so, so easy!

Spicy Thai Peanut Sauce





Ingredients
1 cup peanuts
75 mL water
75 mL coconut milk
2 tsp olive oil
2 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp garlic (minced)
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tbsp fresh ground chili paste

Instructions:

Combine all ingredients in a blender and grind.  Add more water to reach your desired consistency.  To serve warm, heat over low-medium heat in a saucepan; stir frequently as it will scorch the bottom of your pot.

Note:  I prefer to use peanuts as opposed to peanut butter because I find it gives a better flavour and texture.  I also prefer to use whole coconut milk instead of the light variety.

This sauce is great served with both chicken and beef satays.

Enjoy, and have fabulous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...