Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Mind Your RRR's

The mister and I visited our local Habitat for Humanity Restore this past weekend for the very first time.  Having studied biological sciences, I am constantly trying my best to live sustainably and reduce my ecological footprint as best I can (but it's quite obvious that I can improve).

The Habitat for Humanity Restore is a fabulous way to help achieve this goal.  For those of you who are unfamiliar, the Restore sells an assortment of new and used construction/household materials from flooring to light fixtures.  It is super great in that all proceeds go to Habitat for Humanity to help with administration costs.

Secondly, the Restore is an Eco-friendly choice.  By offering products up for reuse, many materials are diverted from entering our landfills.

Lastly, their prices are pretty easy on the pocket.  Talk about a win-win-win!

I picked up this cabinet door for $5 for a project I'll hopefully tackle this weekend and reveal next week.


Remember to mind your RRR's ladies and gentlemen (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...