Friday, February 18, 2011

Our Dog Ben

As an amazing housewarming gift, my parents got me and my mister
a...drum roll...puppy!


We picked him out of a litter of eight from the WHARF animal rescue shelter.  All we know is that he is some kind of Husky X (although the only husky we can see in him is the curly tail). 



Here we are with 'puppy' at the animal shelter.  It would be another three weeks before we would pick him up as he was still nursing.





My, what big feet you have.  He grew so much in just a few short weeks.  Here he is, tuckered out in the car after picking him up to come home.

First Bath
We tried crating him his first night which lasted for about a whole hour before I was shoving my husband out of the bed to let him out.  He was howling so loudly you'd have thought we were torturing the poor little thing.  At first we thought he'd tire himself out, but it just...wouldn't...stop.  So we put him in his little bed with all his toys and there he slept, peacefully.

For about the first week of him being home, he was 'little buddy' as my husband and I couldn't agree on names (gosh, just wait till we have children).  We were trying to go for a musical theme as with our two cats (Flea-Red Hot Chili Peppers and Gordon-The Tragically Hip).  I was really set on naming the fur ball Cash (Johnny Cash) and my husband was set on Eddie (Pearl Jam).  We finally came to an agreement, Ben (Benjamin when he is in trouble), with no musical association, would be his name.

Ben is now almost 6 months old and weighs in at approximately 50 lbs and has successfully completed his first puppy course at the top of his class (of course, we may be a little biased, just a little).

Have a fabulous long weekend everyone!

Linking up to these parties:



9 comments:

  1. Ben is so cute...I can't believe how much he has grown in 6 months...WOW, how big will he get? I love his name, it is very sweet. Thanks for sharing with Lucy and the rest of the gang. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little Ben's ears and toes look suspiciously like my 130 pound mix breed. We call Paddington Anatolian Shepherd and mastiff, but who really knows. When you said curly tail my mind went to Akita and shepherd. What a tiny little guy at first! So - where does he sleep now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the name! He is so cute. Good Luck with him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ben nice to meet you this is Beatrice you are one handsome fellow i hope to see you at the next party:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. awwwww what a darling!!! too cuuuuuuuuuute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute! what a great housewarming gift! Our Hank was a wedding gift...we love him!
    xx
    misty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Benny is a sweetie! I would love it if you stopped by my blog- I'm giving away a pet portrait! Browsed your blog a bit- looks fun, I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...