Friday, April 8, 2011

Foodie Friday-Recipe Overload

So it has been some time since I last posted anything as I have been recovering from a car accident and had to take some time off from work.  You'd think that with the added spare time I'd be posting something daily, but the only motivation I had, was to sift through my enormous stack of magazines and pull out the pages that I liked (recipes, furniture, organization, etc.).  Which I realized at the end of this tedious process, I have a crazy amount of recipes and cook books, of which I'm certain I've only tried maybe 10% of the recipes for.  I've never been one to follow recipes to a tee (I get that from my mother), so usually I just look at the picture, look at the ingredients and then improvise with what I have.  So my goal for the rest of the year is to try out two new recipes out of the ones I've already collected and not purchase any new cookbooks (oops, I guess that is two goals).

However, that being said I will share a recipe that I have made before:

Banana Muffins

Sorry for the dark photo; it was taken with my iPhone


Ingredients:
3 bananas
1/2 cup of melted butter
1/2 cup of sugar
1 tsp of baking soda
dash of salt
1 tbs of vanilla
1 egg
1 and 1/2 cups of flour
1/2 cup of chocolate chips (or nuts, dried fruit, etc)

Banana bread/muffins are so easy to make.  Just mash up the bananas and add the melted butter.  Next add in a beaten egg, sugar and vanilla and mix.  Sprinkle on the baking soda and salt, mix again.  Gradually add the flour and when all mixed, fold in any extras like chocolate chips.

In a lightly greased muffin/cake pan, pour in the batter and pop in the oven (350 degrees) for about 25 minutes.

This time, I topped the muffins with a bit of maple icing (yum).

Maple Icing:

Ingredients:
1/2 cup of butter
2 cups of confectioners' sugar
1/2 tsp of maple extract
1/4 cup of maple syrup

Beat butter until light and fluffy.  Gradually add in confectioners' sugar.  Lastly, add in maple syrup and extract and drizzle over muffins (this icing is great for cupcakes too).

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...