Saturday, April 9, 2011

Ribbon Trimmed Curtains

We bought dark grey drapes for our guest room.  I would have preferred something with a nice, bold pattern, but was unable to find anything that I liked; and as I don't sew, buying fabric and making my own was out of the question, so we settled for plain, thinking I could some how add a punch of colour to them. 

So off to Michael's I went and found some fun, hot pink, ruffled ribbon to add as a trim on the curtains.  I picked up some iron-on adhesive and fabric glue to compensated for my lack of sewing skills.  Iron-on adhesive is amazing stuff; the fabric glue I was less than impressed with, as it left the ribbon looking wet.  Needless to say, this was a trial and error project.

However, I am quite pleased with how they turned out:


What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Those look awesome Taylor! Hmmm...might be an inspiration for curtains for the nursery. You are so creative. So jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...