Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Cabinet Door Turned Chalkboard

Remember, way back here when I talked about purchasing this cupboard door for $5.00 and how I had plans for it?  Yeah, waaaayyyy back.  Well, I can finally reveal its new use.  With a little help from spray paint, I was able to transform it from a mismatched cabinet door to a fully functional chalkboard which I'll eventually hang in the kitchen.

I've wanted a pretty chalkboard for some time now to essentially act as one giant, reusable sticky note.  Here, I will write my notes and lists (groceries, to do, menus, etc)...oh where would I be without my lists.  I once read somewhere that if you write it down you increase your likelihood of crossing it off your list by 50%.  I'm not sure how accurate that 50% is, but I can say, that I probably do accomplish a lot more when I write it out.  It just feels so good to scratch that line through it.

Enough blabbing though, here is the cabinet door turned chalk board:


Before:





After:







Can't wait to put it to use!


Linking up here:







3 comments:

  1. That is fun! Love the bright color too. Thanks for sharing at my newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Looks awesome Taylor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bright frame! I have done several cupboard door projects myself...but not a chalkboard yet!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...