Here is another progress update for you. As I worked on the first part of my buffet/hutch makeover (you can take a look for that here), I figured that I would share the progress made thus far in our dining room.
Let's first start by taking a look back at some before photos:
Shudder...and now let's take a look at the progress so far:
Some of the updates that we have made so far:
- Remove mustard yellow shag carpet
- Remove cedar paneling
- Remove mirrors that were glued to the wall
- Re-drywall the wall that had the cedar paneling and mirrors glued to it
- Put a window in the wall separating the dining room from the kitchen
- Replace blinds with sheer curtains
- Remove stipple from the ceiling
- Paint walls and ceiling
- Install new flooring
Some of the tasks left on our to do list for this room:
- Baseboards (actually, none of our rooms have baseboards on the main floor-we will pretend for the time being that the bright red tuck tape lining the bottom of our floors are baseboards).
- Crown molding
- New light fixture (the new light fixture currently displayed in the dining room is actually for the breakfast nook)
- Re-stain the top of the oak table and paint its base white
- Paint chairs and recover (the fabric that I'm spying currently is Robert Allan's Lattice in Ebony and White; below)
Still a lot of work ahead, but it's starting to come together!