Sunday, July 31, 2011

Wedding Anniversary





This upcoming week, Jeff and I will be celebrating our 'two year' wedding anniversary.  Wow!  It really doesn't feel that long ago, but I guess time flies when you're having fun (well...for the most part ;).  So to celebrate, I will be sharing a couple details with you all from our wedding.  As well, I have also created a few wedding mood boards to inspire you all and will feature one a day from August 1-5 inclusive, so stay tuned.

For now, I will share our story.

We met while working at the YMCA back in 2001.  Beginning in the fall of 2005, I made numerous attempts to 'catch his eye' (including several concerts and showing up at his school with gifts) which were only met with failure; obviously, these hints of interest were too subtle.  Perhaps a large billboard would have been more effective (in bright neon...and with blinking lights).  It wasn't until St. Patrick's Day of 2006 that Jeff finally asked me out.  A feat that friends and family alike, tend to take a lot of credit for :)

The Proposal (by Jeff Wise):  I had picked up the ring about 2 and a half months before I planned to propose.  I had it all figured out, after whitewater rafting on the Kicking Horse River in Golden, BC, I'd ask her to walk with me to go take some pictures of the river and mountains from the pedestrian bridge.  When we got there I would say this well planned speech, get down on one knee and ask her to marry me.

Had it all figured out.  I got the ring from where I had been hiding it in the car and slid it into my pocket. I convinced Taylor go for the walk, we got to the bridge, and I couldn't remember a damn thing I wanted to say.  I had spent months planning it, and it was all gone.  So there are a few random pictures of the mountains and the bridge while I tried to remember what I was supposed to say.  I started with a joke about Taylor moving in with me, assuring her that I would clear off a least one whole shelf for her stuff, to which she responded "I don't think so."  At that point I pulled the box from my pocked and opened it (I forgot the down on one knee thing) and said, "How about marrying me instead?"

At this point, Taylor got a little wide eyed, and just kept repeating, "What...Oh my God...What...Are you serious?"  Her eyes kept switching between me, the ring and back again.  And in the most romantic way, she wound up her right arm and punched me square in the chest and exclaimed, "You're going to make me cry you a$$*%@!"  To this I responded, "Is that a yes?"  She then put her arms around me and said yes with her face pressed against my shoulder.

We spent a few minutes on the bridge and then walked back to the rafting company to meet up with our friends.  Once there, Taylor took off with her friend, Katrina, and disappeared for about a half an our.  I assumed  they had hocked the ring and were on their way to Mexico.  But Taylor came back, we celebrated, and the rest as they say, is history.

True Story.

Here are a couple of shots from our wedding (photos were done by a talented friend of ours):


The Details

First kiss as husband and wife.

Signing the registry.

Family Photo







Ring Bear and Junior Bridesmaid (seriously, greatest kids ever!)


Cutting the Cake

First Dance (Cha-Cha)














My favourite image shot that day!



The bridesmaids dresses were designed and made by my beautiful and talented, bridesmaid and friend, Caprice.  My hair and bridesmaids hair were styled by my lovely bridesmaid and friend, Katrina.  So many wonderful and fun memories, and many heartfelt thanks to all our friends and family for making our day so unforgettable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...