Sunday, August 14, 2011

IMBM: Carnival Themed Date


Happy Monday!  I'm back after a wonderful holiday with my husband and family to the beautiful mountains (wish I was still there)!  Today on Inspirational Mood Board Monday, I am going to share a carnival themed date day that I planned for Jeff and I.  Over our vacation, Jeff and I celebrated our second wedding anniversary and he took me horseback riding and out for dinner at the beautiful and delicious Greys Restaurant (where we had our rehearsal dinner).  If you are ever in Panorama, B.C., be sure to reserve a table.  

I planned a date day for when returned.  Every year, Edmonton hosts a variety of festivals during the summer (one of the best times of the year) from the Street Performers Festival and Heritage Days to Capital Ex and Taste of Edmonton.  This week, we have Edmonton's 30th Fringe Festival happening.  The Fringe is probably one of my favourite festivals.  It has a little bit of everything...food, street performers, buskers, musicals, plays and this year, Sustainival.  Sustainival is a carnival fully operated on sustainable resources including wind and vegetable oil.  Pretty cool!  Sustainival is an Edmonton business, but tours all across North America.  You can check out more information on them here.

I started off by first asking Jeff on a date with this invitation, yeah...I'm a dork.

The digital paper and clipart came from the Etsy shop cupcakecutiees.

We started our date off at the Fringe, checking out Sustainival.



Here we are at the top of the Ferris Wheel.



We then dropped into the Pour House for an appetizer and cold bevy.  After that wrapped up, we picked up a couple of groceries and Ben for our picnic and fired up some hot dogs to keep with the theme and ended the night with a cotton candy martini.

Martini Recipe via The Chronicles of Beauty Blog.
Enjoy!


Linking up to Debbiedoo's Newbie Party.

1 comment:

  1. I'm still thinking about going horseback riding and out to dinner on your anniversary! Tres romantique!!!!

    I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...