Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Spray Painted Chandelier


Hello!

I finally, after writing about spray painted chandeliers way back here, finally got around to spray painting our dining room chandelier.  It's bright, bright, bright...blue!

Take a look!


Here is a before to remind you of what we started with.











I'm quite pleased with how it turned out!  

I started by taking off the glass shades and gave the chandelier a good scrubbing.  It was actually really gross as it hadn't been cleaned in years.  Possibly even decades.  Apart from the dust and grunge, there were dead bugs too!  Major YUCK!

Once it was all shiny, I gave it two coats of spray primer and finished off with two coats of blue spray paint.  

Right now, it really pops, but I think that once the dining room is all done it will tie in nicely!  Best thing is, if I get sick of the blue I can just paint it again!

What do you think?


Linking up to :

Domestically Speaking Power of Paint Party
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia Tuesday's Treasures
House of Grace Twice Owned Party
Sweet Little Gals Turquoise Lovin' Party
Chic on a Shoestring Flaunt it Friday
Shabby Nest Frugal Friday
Debbie Doo's Newbie Party

4 comments:

  1. So pretty!! Would LOVE it if you would share this project at my turquoise lovin' party going on right now!! http://www.sweetlittlegals.com/2011/09/turquoise-lovin-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice hit of colour in your dining room. I love the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that color. How fun. Thanks for sharing with the newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I'm planning to do this same thing with the chandy in our dining room. I found you on the Grow Your Blog Blog Hop and am now following via BlogLovin'
    Keep up the good work girlie!
    : )
    Jaimee @ craftinterrupted.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...