Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas Tree is Up

Finally...the Christmas tree is up and decorated.  I came home from work today to find that the bottom of the tree had been ravaged by Ben, ugh :( I guess it's a good thing I put the cheap, plastic ones on the bottom. Luckily, I took pictures of the tree last night, so you get to see it in all its glory!





As you can see, it's very whimsical and full of colour...like something out of Whoville.  

I'm not one to change my tree decor from year to year.  I'm a collector; it's tradition from the time I was small that my brother and I would get a new ornament every year to place on the 'kids' tree.  This tree is still at my parent's house, so I have begun a collection for my own tree as I still get a new ornament or two as gifts each year.  Here are a couple of favourites:


This I received from my brother this year after we saw the Wicked musical.  The Wizard of Oz is my all time favourite children's movie...I still watch it...a lot!

The next few are a couple examples of some of the whimsical (and fragile ) ornaments that my Mom has give me over the past few years.  Needless to say, these do NOT go near the bottom of the tree!




This is the first ornament Jeff ever gave me and he made it himself (to mark our first Christmas together).  Awww, so sweet!






Now I must go tend to the wreckage Ben left earlier today...grrr.

Linking up to :

Thrifty Decor Chick's Christmas Tree Party

2 comments:

  1. Such a lot of pretty, colourful and meaningful ornaments! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a colorful and festive Christmas tree!
    i love how to put up those ornaments to make this tree one-of-a-kind.
    I'd love to feature this in my blog as well.

    Happy Holidays
    Anne Walker
    Christmas tree decorating ideas

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...