Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Book Review: The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson

Hello Everyone!  Since one of my goals is to read a new book each month, I figured I would share with you my personal review of each book I manage to tackle.  First up for the month of January is Stieg Larsson's, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.

In The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, disgraced financial journalist, Mikael Blomkvist, is hired by aging, wealthy and retired CEO, Henrik Vanger to investigate the mysterious disappearance of his niece, Harriet Vanger nearly forty years prior.  With the help of anti-social, personal investigator, Lisbeth Salander, he is able to uncover horrifying tales of murder and corruption.

A satisfying novel.  This book is a dark, suspenseful and engrossing thriller.  I especially enjoyed the array of strong characters created by Larsson; seriously flawed, complex with bizarre relationships and connections.  For me, they were the most intriguing part of the book.  I would definitely recommend this novel to anyone who appreciates thrillers (however, if you do not enjoy incredibly disturbing material, this book may not be for you).  

Indigo


Any recommendations for a new read?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...