Saturday, February 4, 2012

Glitter Heels

So awhile back, Ben went on a "Destroy all Shoes" campaign and took out a number of my shoes (ugh, it really sucked) and left Jeff's pretty much untouched (so unfair).  While the majority of them were write-offs, I kept two pairs, hoping I'd be able to repair them somehow as they were my absolute favourites.  One pair is sitting in the front hall closet waiting for first aid, but I managed to find some inspiration to fix (more like cover-up) the damages to the other pair.  Yay...glitter!  I've seen glitter heels a couple of times on Pinterest and decided to give it a try. 

Here is a before:




And After:




Can you tell which one was damaged?





Materials:
  • Fine sand paper
  • Mod Podge (I used Gloss)
  • Storage container
  • Paint brush
  • Glitter (I used Martha Stewart's Smoky Quartz)
  • Tooth Pick
Instructions:
  1. Combine roughly two parts glitter to three parts Mod Podge; stir with tooth pick.
  2. Lightly sand down rough surfaces of the heel.
  3. Using your brush, apply three coats to each heel, allowing each coat to dry in between (approximately 15-20 minutes).
  4. Apply a final coat of Mod Podge only to act as a sealant and allow to dry.




So there you go!  I still miss the original heel but this is still fun and what girl doesn't like a little sparkle?




Linking Up:
Debbiedoo's Newbie Party

4 comments:

  1. Great job on the heels! Thanks for stopping by to visit! I'm following you...hope you'll follow back! been married 40 yrs....ask a question anytime! LOL
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really clever idea. Thanks for sharing with my newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how cool and fun!! sparkle shoes..every girls dream!!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow really LOVE this idea! FABULOUS!!

    http://fitcraftystylishandhappy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...