- 3 large Russet potatoes
- 1 leek
- 1 tsp butter
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 2 1/2 cups of ground spicy sausage
- 2 cups of corn
- 2 tbs of parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
- Peel and cut potatoes into small cubes. Boil in saucepan until soft and strain. While potatoes are cooking, thinly slice the leek and heat in frying pan with butter. Cook leek until it turns a vibrant green (do not brown).
- In a large saucepan, combine leek, potatoes and chicken stock. Bring to a simmer. Blend about 2/3 of the mix (easiest with an immersion blender if you have one) and return to the pot.
- Cook sausage in frying pan until no longer pink. Add to the pot.
- Add in remaining ingredients (corn and parsley) and let the soup simmer.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.