I have been looking for cute jars to use in the washroom to corral some items. I found a tutorial on Pinterest from Snapguide on how to clean your candle jars (link here) and figured it would be perfect for this project.
- Candle Jars (however many you like)
- Baby oil
- Soap and Water
- Chalkboard labels (or any labels)
- Paint brush or sponge
- Scrapbook paper
1) Remove the wax from your candle jar (I used the link above). It will look like this when you are done. Still not very pretty, is it?
2) That's where the baby oil comes in. It helps to remove any of the residual wax, sticky stuff and black burn marks. I was amazed at how well this worked.
3) Wash your candle jars and lids with soap and water and dry.
4) Cut circles from the scrapbook paper for the lids of the jar (I did this to cover the branding that was engraved on them). Using Mod Podge, stick the circles to the lids of the jars.
5) Place chalkboard labels on the jars.
6) Fill jars and label.