Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A Post Thanksgiving Post





Hello Everyone,

I hope that you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving long weekend.  We had a busy one!  We hosted Thanksgiving dinner at our house and made our very first turkey...well actually, Jeff made it...all by himself.  He brined, and slathered and barbecued away all Saturday/Sunday.  So awesome!  Check it out:






Jeff doesn't like touching raw meat, hence the rubber gloves-so funny!  Which made the next step a little tricky because the butter just continued to stick to the gloves (it also didn't help that he purposefully did not wipe the turkey down after removing it from the brine).








Yum!  So delicious!  The meat was practically falling off the bone.  I would definitely recommend barbecuing your turkey if you have never tried it.  It tastes wonderful and frees up your oven.  Not that my oven was full, since my mom brought over all the mashed vegetables and stuffing.  That's right, Jeff and my mom spent the most time cooking Thanksgiving dinner.  Lucky me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...